Daily Jam #1
Hit ‘Em Up Style - Carolina Chocolate Drops
Fucking finally— I see so many of these Pisces things, and go, “That is SO not true,” while the Aquarius ones seem so much more apt.
Cusp child problems.
I am just going to finish this bottle of Choya.
1. What would your last meal on earth be? I wouldn’t be having a meal, I’d be getting simultaneously inebriated and stoned. Welcome to the over-sensory indulgences of a bipolar INTJ who never looses control except for in private. If I’m going to die, why not.
2. What’s a memory you’re proud of? Seeing a class I TA’ed for finally ‘get’ the concept of rape culture and why it is so pervasive. I had to divulge the fact that I was raped— and it wasn’t a sob story, it was more of a matter-of-fact reality check for them because they weren’t believing the statistics within their own age group, but back at that age I was a statistic and so was my ex— and the ensuing discussion was excellent. I don’t know how well it stuck, but I hope it did.
3. Recommend one book you think everyone should read. Why do you think we should read it? Only one? This is mostly just because I just posted a still from the film version, but I would recommend The Reader because it is not a black and white book, yet it doesn’t smack you about the head with ‘this is morally vague and I’m not going to tell you how to feel’ cliches. It is poignant as well as challenging in an insidious way.
4. Favorite TV show as a child? I loved ‘Granada Holmes,’ ‘Star Trek,’ and ‘Johnny Bravo.’
5. What would your ideal partner in a relationship be like? In the four years I’ve had this blog, I’ve answered this question many times. Mostly for Anons, I might add. Look, I can tell you what I don’t want more than what I do want. I may be the hunter in all other aspects of my life but not with this. I’m so much better at everything else, that I can tell you volumes more about what my ideal career would be like.
6. What’s a movie you absolutely cannot stand? ‘Quinceañera’ drove me up the wall for all of its racist, ageist, and homophobic tropes. Iconoclastic, my ass.
7. Are you a good liar? I am a fantastic liar who paradoxically doesn’t condone lying.
8. What’s one career you’d hate to be stuck in? Anything with set hours and mandated interaction with people.
9. If you had to give $1 million to another person in order to receive $1 million, who’s the person you’d select? What’s the point of that? I’ll just keep my $1 million. Unless the $2 million is coming from somewhere else entirely.
10. What is more important: Art or social justice? Why? Well, I think in many cases the two are quite linked, although that’s not to say that all art must be political or is political. It all has the potential to be read that way. My personal calling and interest (as well as aptitude) is for art. Neither is more important than the other. They’re two of the only good things humanity has brought itself, so I can’t prioritise one over the other. I can say which I support more directly on a quotidian basis and which I am (probably) better at supporting, though.
#meiju #choya 😊
I thought I should share some things I’ve collected
yahoo paid $1.1 billion dollars for this